TO OUR VALUED PATIENTS & REFERRALS
Our team has been closely monitoring recommendations set forth by the state and federal officials and is following the recommendations of the ADA. We are currently treating patients. Patient safety and health has always been and continues to be our priority.
We look forward to us all recovering quickly from this unforeseen and unimaginable situation and wish you good health.
PATIENT SAFETY & HEALTH
At Dental Team of Worcester, our goal has always been the well-being, health and safety of our patients and staff. Our office proudly follows the infection control recommendations and guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
As such, during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we have taken the following steps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
- Limited Waiting Room – We will practice limited use of our waiting room area (no magazines, forms, etc.). Upon arrival, one of our team members will instruct you as to next steps and whether or not there may be a need to wait in your car.
- Masks/Face Coverings- As required by the CDC, masks or facial coverings must be worn by everyone entering our office.
- Social Distancing – We’ve expanded appointment times to limit the number of people in the office at any given time and reduce exposure.
- Screening – We’ll ask staff and patients general health questions, and some specific to COVID-19 symptoms (cough, sore throat, aches) as well as inquiries about recent travel and exposure risk/history. We’ll also take the temperatures of staff daily and of patients upon arrival at the office to check for fever. Those with elevated temperatures will make arrangements to visit the office another time.
- Mouth rinse – Dental Team of Worcester is taking the extra step of providing a peroxide based mouth rinse for patients to rinse with before treatment.
- Standards – We use industry recommended PPE and strictly adhere to hand hygiene, surface cleaning and sterilization protocols for your safety.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
While we understand that appointment escorts are extremely important to the general well-being of our patients, the following updates have been made to protect patients, particularly high-risk, immunocompromised individuals who may be seeking treatment at our office, as well as our staff.
- Adult patients with appointments can no longer be accompanied by a visitor.
- Some exceptions may be made if medically necessary or requested. This may include patients who require mobility assistance or cognitive support.
- Patients who are granted exceptions due to medical necessity will only be allowed one caretaker.
- For pediatric visits, only one caretaker may accompany a minor.
- Patients who require a surgical transportation escort will need to ask their escorts to remain in the car and on property during surgery. We will need a working cell phone number for them as they will be called once surgery is completed.
- All patients and visitors must wear appropriate face covering/mask.
- Any visitor who is coughing or shows any signs of illness will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave, if deemed appropriate by our team.
You can rest assured that our safety measures will remain in place and continue to evolve as more information is provided to us. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’d be happy to provide additional information.
Patient safety and health remains our top priority and we look forward to continuing to provide care for you and your family.